GWEN CARSON – CAMPER CARE COORDINATOR
What do you love? I really love when my two siblings are home and we go on adventures together, sleeping in, finding neat things at antique shops, cooking something delicious without a recipe, rescuing dogs.
What do you most enjoy learning about? I really like learning about new Do It Yourself projects, especially ones involving fabric. I like to learn about people’s stories and watching how animated people become. I also love learning American Sign Language; this is what I go to school for and really enjoy learning about this language and the culture that comes with it.
What makes you feel alive? I feel alive after a really good workout, laughing really hard, soaking up the sun or completing a hike.
What are you excited to come to camp? I’m excited to head back to camp for my second summer, I’ve really missed Berry Crumble, staff dance parties, Hose Time and the quiet moments at campfire.
- Vegetable – Avocados
- Game – Enjoy playing Settlers of Catan with my family. Also really love playing Heads Up with anyone.
- Smell – Fresh cut grass, ocean air, camp fires!
- TV Show – Friends
- Outfit – Anything I can wear my red toms with.
LEAH STALL – CAMP COUNSELOR
What do you love? I love being adventurous and seizing exciting opportunities for learning and growth. Expanding my knowledge and trying new things are one of my passions!
What do you most enjoy learning about? I most enjoy learning about the different ways people lead their lives around the world. It is always interesting to me discovering a completely different way of living and also noticing the similarities between peoples.
What makes you feel alive? Making it through a tough and challenging time in my life never fails to make me feel alive. There is not a more liberating feeling than accomplishing something you never thought was possible.
What are you excited to come to camp? I am excited to come for camp to foster new, meaningful relationships and watch them grow!
- Vegetable – Peas
- Smell – Spring
- Plant – Lavender
- Animal – Sloth
- Game – Scrabble
KODY CARLSON – CAMP COUNSELOR
What do you love? I love sharing a real connection with people when we’re communicating.
What do you most enjoy learning about? I’m very interested in the way our gender has an impact on our emotional health. I’m also doing research on different kinds of therapies. I also value self-knowledge and love learning about myself, which is a big component of my leadership degree. You must know yourself in order to lead others.
What makes you feel alive? Mindfulness and compassion meditation makes me feel alive. Also, green tea!
What are you excited to come to camp? I’m excited to learn more about my own leadership style and develop it further throughout the summer.
- Artist – Amanda Palmer
- Saying – “ There is no such thing as negative emotions, they are all information. Emotions don’t happen to us, they happen for us.” One of my professors told us that when we went to her Horse Therapy ranch for class! It may have been the most insightful thing I’ve ever heard! I live by it.
- Halloween Costume – Psychiatric Patient. My faculty is in a large Victorian mansion and every year we put on a haunted house. I was in charge of the “psych ward.” It was so much fun! I love Halloween!
- Animal – I love cats so much, but I’m allergic to them!
- Smell – After it has rained, the air smells so nice and it is so easy to breathe!
CARLY ARCH – CAMP COUNSELOR
What do you love? I love traveling and seeing new things, meeting new people and I love having fun.
What do you most enjoy learning about? What I most enjoy learning about is the new people that I meet, everyone is different and has different stories to share and I love learning about all the things that make then unique.
What makes you feel alive? Things that make me feel alive are watching the sun rise, singing camp songs around the fire, hiking to the top of a mountain, being happy and seeing others happy and laughing. I am SO excited to come camp this year, I cant wait to meet everyone and have the best summer ever!
- Book – My favourite book series is Harry Potter.
- Animal – My favourite animal is a hairless guinea pig (I have one and her name is Penelope).
- Vegetable – My favourite vegetable is cucumber.
- Movie – My favourite movie is Spice World.
- Place – My favourite place is anywhere I haven’t been before I love going to explore new places!
CANDIS LEPAGE – CAMP COUNSELOR
What do you love? I love my family, my two dogs Daisy and Bella, and my supportive other half Evan. I love traveling to new places to experience different cultures, a perfectly made cappuccino, and of course chocolate!
What do you most enjoy learning about? I am the definition of a nerd… I absolutely love everything to do with science, especially animals!
What makes you feel alive? I think that life is just a journey and that we should be constantly pushing ourselves to experience new things. I feel most alive when I am experiencing new things, places, or cultures for the first time.
Why are you excited to come to camp? I am looking forward to coming to camp and developing connections and relationships with such great campers and staff. Plus I am just a summer camp lover!
- Saying – “Life is just a journey” – Princess Diana
- Memory – Traveling to Ghana, Africa this summer and having met some of the most amazing people in my life. I absolutely loved living with my house mother and experiencing the Ghanian culture first hand and learning how others in the world live, and just how lucky we are to be Canadian. I will forever cherish the memories I made with my patients and children, and will miss them so much
- Book or Author – My favorite author has got to be Jodi Picoult. If I had to narrow it down to one of her best works it would have to My Sister’s Keeper, I think it is the most touching story I have ever read in my life.
- Place – I am originally a city girl, born and raised in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia but since graduating high school I have made my own home and family in the valley at Acadia University. Yes, I will be that typical university girl here and say that my favorite place in the world is Acadia University, regardless if I am in the lab, lecture, or just hanging out with my amazing Acadia family, I am always happy.
- Animal – My favorite animal hands down is an elephant, I think they are the most mesmerizing creatures on this planet.
ALLISON TAYLOR – CAMP COUNSELOR
What do you love? Working on art in my pajamas, with a cup of tea and my cat by my side!
What do you most enjoy learning about? Anything and everything! I am addicted to podcasts and learn a lot from them (RadioLab is a favourite).
What makes you feel alive? A bike ride, or a long walk along the water.
What are you excited most about camp? Meeting friendly people ☺
- Vegetable – Avocados
- Muppet – Grover
- Book or Author – Stuart McLean
- TV Show – The X-Files
- Game – Scrabble
BENJAMIN BAMBRICK – CLEANER
What do you love? Family, friends and outdoor sports.
What do you most enjoy learning about? I enjoy learning about new skills.
What makes you feel alive? When I’m volunteering or when I’m out on my bike.
Why are you excited to come to camp? To be able to work.
- Movie – Despicable Me 2
- Music – Darius Rucker “Wagon Wheel”
- Saying – happy happy happy
- TV Show – Duck Dynasty
- Game – Race car games.