Daily Health Supervision Policy
- The Camp Nurse is readily available in Nursing office
- The Camp Nurse is required to accompany the Water Front Director to the dock/pool while campers are going for their daily swim
- The Camp Nurse is always close by to any activity that is going on involving campers
- The Camp Nurse will always follow up with any camper who is ill or requiring medical attention until the medical attention is no longer needed
- The Cape Nurse will determine if this is necessary
- On an on-going basis the Camp Nurse will be prompting staff to enforce proper sun care, hygiene and over all well being for each person at camp to maintain optimal health and wellness.
Infection Control Policy
Viral/bacterial infections, communicable diseases/illnesses, and outbreaks will be handled in such a manner:
- Camper will be quarantined to the designated area (Nursing Office) which is equipped with a sleeping cot
- Parent/guardian of camper will be promptly contacted to pick up individual for immediate evacuation
- Campers sleeping quarters will be disinfected with proper cleaning solution and technique ex: washing with bleach and water solution, washing all clothing and bedding etc.
- Medication and first aid will be administered as necessary.
- Camp Nurse will monitor camper until medical attention is no longer needed which will be determined by the Camp Nurse. If further medical attention is needed the Camp nurse will determine whether or not the individual needs to be seen by a Doctor.
Health Emergencies and Accident Policy
- All medical concerns are directed towards Camp Nurse. This person will assess the situation and resolve appropriately
- The Camp Nurse will contact local health authority (ex: EMS, Hospital, Health Clinic,) at his/her own discretion
- In the event an ambulance is deemed unnecessary, the Camp Director will transport individuals who require an emergency assessment by a Doctor. Emergencies ONLY.
- Camp Nurse or Camp Director will contact the individual’s parent/guardian immediately and camper will be evacuated if necessary
EMS will be called for emergencies including but not limited to:
- Head Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Loss of Consciousness
- Restricted air way/breathing
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Broken Bones
- Severe bleeding
- Severe burns